openCI Ambassador Program 2.0
We invite you to join openCI Ambassador Program 2.0!
This year, openCI Ambassadors will discuss textbook affordability efforts at CI, explore trends in open educational resources in higher education, and consider how these efforts relate to the 2025 Graduation Initiative. A cohort group of 10 faculty will work together. We will engage in a 5-day workout in Canvas, and connect face-to-face or remotely to discuss these topics in more depth, with the intent of reducing course materials costs by 30% for one course during the spring semester.
What is openCI?
- CI's version of the CSU's Affordable Learning Solutions initiative (AL$)
- Seeks to reduce textbook costs and explore open educational resources for higher education
- Supports faculty to discover and evaluate low cost or no cost options for course materials
- Collaborates with the library to support textbook affordability
- Informs faculty about open educational resources (OER)
- Reports on student savings each semester for low cost or not cost course material adoptions across campus
- Explores CI students perceptions and needs related to textbook affordability
openCI Ambassadors will ...
- Complete the 5-Day openCI Workout in Canvas (20-30 minutes per day; 5 days total; self-paced)
- Attend 3 meetings (face-to-face or remote) dates TBD.
- Revise course materials for spring reducing the course materials cost by at least 30%
- Complete a survey about the course materials changes and student savings
- Receive acknowledgement as openCI Ambassador 2017-18 and a digital badge
- Receive $500 stipend upon completion
We will be accepting 10 additional Ambassadors for the spring 2018 program. Click on the link below to let us know you are interested. We will reach out to you at the beginning of spring semester with more details.