Interested! But the dates don't work??
openCI Ambassador Program 2.0
We invite you to join openCI Ambassador Program 2.0!
This year, openCI Ambassadors will discuss textbook affordability efforts at CI, explore trends in open educational resources in higher education, and consider how these efforts relate to the 2025 Graduation Initiative. A cohort group of 10 faculty will work together. We will engage in a 5-day workout in Canvas, and connect face-to-face or remotely to discuss these topics in more depth, with the intent of reducing course materials costs by 30% for one course during the spring or summer term 2019.
What is openCI?
- CI's version of the CSU's Affordable Learning Solutions initiative (AL$)
- Seeks to reduce textbook costs and explore open educational resources for higher education
- Supports faculty to discover and evaluate low cost or no cost options for course materials
- Collaborates with the library to support textbook affordability
- Informs faculty about open educational resources (OER)
- Reports on student savings each semester for low cost or not cost course material adoptions across campus
- Explores CI students perceptions and needs related to textbook affordability
openCI Ambassadors will ...
- Complete the 5-Day openCI Workout in Canvas (20-30 minutes per day; 5 days total; self-paced)
- Mandatory attendance at three meetings in-person or online via Zoom: Feb 13, March 13, and April 17 (1245 pm - 2 pm)
- Revise course materials for summer or fall reducing course materials cost by at least 30%
- Complete a survey about the course materials changes and student savings
- Complete a blog, video, or other creative option for dissemination of the experience
- Receive acknowledgement as openCI Ambassador 2018-19 and a digital badge
- Receive $500 stipend upon completion
Apply Now! Due by January 31, 2019
We will be accepting 10 Ambassadors for the Spring 2019 program. Click on the link below to let us know you are interested. We will reach out to you to confirm you application by January 31, 2019 and send with more details.